CMSQ - Criteria
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must:
- Hold a active CSQA Certification (recommended but not required)
- Be working in the field covered by the certification designation.
- Be prepared to take the required manager's level examination.
- AND meet one of the following three prerequisites:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college-level institution with at least four years of experience in the software quality assurance field.
- An associate degree with at least six years of experience in the software quality assurance field.
- Eight years of experience in the software quality assurance field.
Once a new application is accepted and approved, the candidacy will begin on the date the application fee is processed. The candidate has 12 months from the date of candidacy to take their initial exam, after which the candidacy expires. The candidate must then reapply for candidacy and pay another application fee to restart the process.