Blockchains are decentralised, globally-distributed, strongly consistent replicated systems that run across networks of mutually untrusting nodes. Since the inception of Bitcoin's decentralised cash application, modern blockchain systems have evolved the ability to run arbitrary distributed applications with the promise of supporting entire decentralised economies and business ecosystems across industries.
As the use cases & applications of blockchain consistently increase, the SIG would enable industry professionals as well as new members to collaborate and push Singapore to be at the forefront of blockchain development.
Blockchain SIG will:
- Act as an avenue for the members of SCS to engage with others who wish to learn or share a similar interest in the technology.
- Act as an avenue that will facilitate the research and development of innovative ideas conceived by developers in the domain as well as local organizations.
- Provide a platform for industry veterans to interact with each other in a neutral environment to discuss the future of the technology.
- Provide a platform for veterans and newbies alike to engage and network with each other. This will enable members to gain more knowledge and excel in their career and professions
- Act as a trusted platform to educate professionals in the community on the real industry applications of blockchain as well as to address common qualms and misconceptions.
Join DLT SIG
Suji Thampi, SMSCS
David Ho, MSCS
Siddharth Krishnan, MSCS
Pradeep Kumar, MSCS
Alan Lim, MSCS
IBM Blockchain Lab
Samir Makwana, MSCS
Microsoft Blockchain Lab
Quah Zheng Wei, MSCS
Ong Whee Teck, FSCS