Certified Manager of Software Quality
The tenure of the CMSQ certification is 3 years. CMSQ holders can apply for recertification to maintain the professional title.
To maintain the CMSQ certification, it is a requirement that the certified manager continue to mature their technical and managerial competencies. Recertification may be done by:
- Submitting a Recertification Journal of qualified Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Activities. Recertification of CMSQ through submission of Journal will be administered by QAI - Pearson VUE and payment is to be made directly to QAI.
Certified managers must perform 30 Continuing Professional (CPE) activities in each of the following four categories every three years:
- Management skills (30 CPE / 3 years)
- Technical skills (30 CPE / 3 years)
- Professional Development Activities in the industry (30 CPE / 3 years)
- Additional activities in selected categories (30 CPE / 3 years)
Journal Review Process will take three to six weeks upon submission through the software certifications portal and a rejection notice will be sent if the Board does not approve the journal. Each certified manager is only allowed to resubmit their journal ONCE within the next thirty days of notification.
- Taking an Examination for Recertification to demonstrate your competence and skill in the certification competency domains. Recertification of CMSQ through examination will be S$280.00 (exclusive of GST).
Each certificate holder will have only ONE attempt to take / pass the recertification examination which MUST be scheduled / taken BEFORE the certification expiration date. Certificate holder who fail to do so will be regarded as new CMSQ applicant and will have to apply for the CMSQ examination again.